EDN’s Sales Executive Level 4 apprenticeship is aimed at mid-level managers to senior managers and department heads. The programme focuses on developing sales techniques, gaining a better understanding of customers, markets and a business’s overall strategy, as well as setting and exceeding targets.
This course takes a minimum of 18 months to complete.
What is a sales executive?
Sales executives are responsible for selling a specific range of products or services to customers. They maintain existing customer accounts and also build relationships with potential customers to generate new business.
Sales executives work across all types of industry sectors, selling in business to business or business to consumer markets. Each exec is expected to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the product or services, as well as a good understanding of competitors and the market overall.
Other responsibilities include:
- Understanding the USPs of products or services you sell
- Knowing your organisation’s short and long term commercial goals
- Analysing sales and strategies, looking for areas to improve
- Knowing your market and how to target each segment
- Understanding finance such as costs, profit and budgets
- Setting sales targets and also meeting them
- Communicating effectively with customers and your team
- Acting with integrity at all times
- Building and maintaining customer relations.
Employers will set their own entry requirements in order to start on this apprenticeship, but typically requires five GCSEs at Grade C or higher.
Completing the Sales Executive Level 4 apprenticeship meets the eligibility requirements for Sales Certification at Level 4 with the Association of Professional Sales (APS).
Cost / Funding
Levy Payers – £6,000
Non Levy Payers – £300 + VAT
Apprentices will need to pass maths and English Functional Skills level 2 during their apprenticeship.
The End Point Assessment (EPA) for the Sales Executive Apprenticeship includes:
- Work based project
- Professional discussion, underpinned by a portfolio of evidence
- Presentation and questioning.
EDN assigns a designated Training Consultant to each apprentice. The EDN Training Consultant will be in contact with the apprentice to coach, mentor and discuss progress.
Download our fact sheet
Sales Executive Apprenticeship fact sheet